Title: Testing Geospatial Web Services - Scientific SDIs
The workshop is continuing a series of workshops that has been successfully held in conjunction with the last three AGILE conferences. This year the main topics of interoperability and testing of open-source and proprietary Geo Web Service and the Persistent SDI Testbed (PTB) are extended towards Scientific SDIs. Therewith, the question of what distinguishes Scientific SDIs from others and how such Scientific SDIs can be established in the European Community shall be addressed as an additional topic. The workshop aims to outline the state of the art and the technical and scientific issues related to Geo Web Services, its testing and Scientific SDIs and to discuss best practice examples. Further goals are the development of consistent testing strategies and the support of geospatial research in major EU programs, science and education.
The full day workshop will be held in conjunction with the 15th AGILE International Conference on Geographic Information Science in Avignon, France, on 24th April 2012. As the AGILE/EuroSDR/OGC Persistent SDI Testbed for Research and Teaching in Europe (PTB, http://sdi-testbed.eu) and the projects BRISEIDE and GLUES are co-organizing the workshop, it will be shown how different testbed collaborations could mutually benefit, how to develop synergies and how to improve the sustainability of running demonstrators for further work or research. Future strategies for testing Geo Web Services will also be developed and discussed.
- Different (Scientific) SDIs and testing activities on an European level
- Geo Web Service software tests
- Research issues in the field of Geo Web Services
- Different testing methods and testing strategies with a special focus on interoperability, compliance and performance
- Technologies for developing testing facilities
- Implementation, organization and contents of Scientific SDIs
- Usage of Scientific SDIs for dissemination of research results and stakeholder work
- Related best practice outcomes of European Geospatial Research Projects (e.g. BRISEIDE, GLUES et al.)
The workshop consists of invited talks and presentations selected from this call as well as of panel discussions and breakout sessions about future strategies and developments (including discussions about strategies and testbed advances of the PTB).
Please submit a short abstract of your presentation (max 300 words) before 15th March 2012. Based on this abstracts the presentations will be selected by the organizing committee. Presentations will be between 20 and 30 minutes (including discussions). You will receive the notification of acceptance by 25th March 2011.
All presentations and abstracts will be published on the PTB website (http://sdi-testbed.eu).
● 15th March 2012
● Workshop date: april, 24th,. 2012
For more details (pdf)